OMTA Annual Elections
OMTA's Executive Committee consists of five elected officers. President and Vice President are elected in even-numbered years. Secretary, Treasurer, and Membership are elected in odd-numbered years.
The Vice-President of OMTA oversees the election process. Nominations open in April and close at the end of the annual meeting (traditionally held in conjunction with the annual conference) in October. Ballots are mailed out to all voting members of OMTA immediately following conference and are due back by October 31. Ballots are counted in the presence of no less than two Executive Committee members who are not up for election. New officers (and exiting officers) attend our transition meeting in November.
In order to hold an elected office for OMTA, you must be a voting member of OMTA in good standing.
We recommend you read the job description, talk to the current officer in that position, and ask any questions you may have prior to running for office. We also recommend, that if running for President, you have had previous experience on the OMTA Executive Committee.
All nominees need to submit brief biographical information to the current Vice President that consists of the following:
2. License number
3. Contact information including mailing address, phone number, and email address.
4. Position you are running for
6. Membership in Professional Organizations
7. Short description of the type of massage/bodywork you practice.
8. What gifts and strengths would you bring as a member of the Executive Committee of OMTA?
9. What do you see as the most important next step for the position you are running for?
10. What do you envision for the future of OMTA?
If you prefer, you can download this questionnaire in PDF or MS Word format.