OMTA Ethics Statements
- As a member of OMTA, I shall maintain the highest standards of professional conduct in my practice, with my colleagues, and in the public.
- I shall maintain clear and honest professional communication with my clients, keeping all client communication confidential except in cases of endangerment to myself, the client, and the public.
- I accurately and ethically represent my qualifications to the public and to my clients. I practice only those methods in which I have been trained and certified or licensed.
- I respect the qualifications of fellow practitioners in related healthcare fields. I refer clients to appropriate professionals for treatment outside the scope of my practice.
- I shall not initiate or tolerate sexual activity, sexual suggestiveness or sexual advertising in my professional practice.
- My conduct and practice shall meet or exceed the massage standards established by the State of Oregon.
- This organization supports and promotes excellence in the field of massage therapy.
- This organization recognizes massage therapy as a profession that promotes healing and positive well-being.
- This organization supports licensing and regulation of massage therapists to ensure quality practitioners and safe, quality services for the public.
- This organization shall only hire individuals who meet all state, and when applicable, federal, guidelines in the field of massage therapy.
- This organization shall meet or exceed the requirements set by the State of Oregon when educating, employing, and/or subcontracting employees.
- This organization shall report known violations of massage laws to the appropriate authorities, including the Oregon Board of Massage Therapists, and if necessary, law enforcement agencies.